Sunday, June 7, 2015

2 Weeks into the Bahamian life

Hello!!! 

I'm not vey good at this, but I will try and give it my best shot!!  Hahaha 

It's been 2 weeks now since we've moved here to this Beautiful place called the Bahamas!!  Kind of crazy and still a little surreal at times to think this is really how we live.  

The first week was a little rough.  No oven, fridge broke, battery to my golf cart died and left me a little stranded, and worst of all flea infestation, among other things.  The power has only gone out on us once so far, I think that's pretty good.  It only lasts a couple of hours before it kicks back on. So the adjustment period was a little more difficult in a different way.  I'm happy to report we got most of those things taken care of. Hahaha :) 

This week we remembered to charge our golf carts so we are not stranded (Andrew also had a small taste of that as well. Lol) Got a temporary fridge until ours gets fixed or completely replaced, oven still doesn't work, and a bug guy came out and did 2 rounds of spray, first one to kill the fleas, the second to kill the eggs  And we are still waiting for our boxes to get here. :)

During the day I take the kids to the pool, the beach, or we play out on our dock.  Andrew has fished with the boys and they Really enjoy that.  They've caught Lots of fish!  It's not hard to do here. Maybe Conner and Tyson can teach Chad and Jacob a few tips ;)  Lol 

We went to Abaco, the other island-the main island, for groceries yesterday.  We had to get on the 9am ferry, rent a car, and went to 2 different groceries stores, which one is like a very small Costco, and the other is a normal grocery store that's pretty big. The car rental guy was nice and dropped us and all our stuff off at the dock for the 2pm ferry.  They have one "fast food" -KFC, (Not really fast), here and that's on this island, Abaco, we got that for on the way back, and ate it on the ferry.  

Last night I went to the gym and on the way back I saw a crab walking along side of the road.  Hahaha  Andrew had asked me if I had seen this yet, well, now I can say that I have.  I wanted to take a picture, but it was Soo dark.  Andrew said they come out during the day too, so hopefully, I'll get a picture to send soon.  

Our friends caught an eel yesterday for the first time.  Wish I could have seen that.  It sounded like it was decent size.  Their daughter was snorkeling and came face to face with it, with it's mouth wide open!!  Soo crazy and scary!!  Andrew saw a baby shark and got a picture of it.  

The kids enjoy the golf cart rides and not having to wear seat belts.  Hahaha  Dylan is crawling now all over the place and looks like he wants to start pulling himself up on things, just in the last week or two since we've been here.  Life is about to get crazier.  Lol

Church is at a house, at 10am.  We all take turns teaching the small primary kids and the youth kids.  The men take turns conducting sacrament and teaching sunday school for the adults.  We now have a bigger group of 11 Adults, 11 kids and 2 babies. It's actually really cool to know that the church can run any where you are, no matter what city, state, or country.  It's been a Really cool experience and today was testimony meeting, this was my first one, but there's obviously not that many people, so it's not very long and not every one gets up, it'll be interesting to see how this works each time.  We only give about 20 min for any of us to go up if we want instead of 45 min or so.

Here are some pictures :)  

We made it!


Home for the next 2 years



View from our porch :)

Trying to figure out why our fridge and oven aren't working


Our dock



This is how we ride around town 


Looking outside the window of the ferry

One of the Many Beautiful beaches here!


The shark Andrew saw

The boys Love fishing!


We Love our dock!! 

I literally mean it when I say this place is Beautiful!!!  I have to pinch myself a few times to make sure it's real!! Every picture is breath taking.  I Love getting to know all the Bahamians!!  They all wave to you as you pass them in your golf carts, Very friendly and nice people.  It's such an Amazing place!!  ;) 

1 comment:

Lorelle said...

Quartz enhances spiritual growth, spirituality, awareness, and wisdom. It increases inspiration and creativity. see here to learn more about The Healing Power of Gemstones