Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Creative..

So I'm always coming up with excuses as to why I'm not creative. I have finally coped with the idea that if I want to make something it's more than likely not going to be something that I made up on my own. I have to get my ideas from someone else first and copy it. And I am finally okay with that. Also, expenses, time, and space. I'm always saying I don't have the time or money... I definitely have the time (especially now that I'm at home all day), money... well, it's less expensive (usually) to make than to buy. Space, now that is my biggest factor right now. I keep saying to myself, once we move into a bigger place I will start, but really?!

I saw this on a blog I came across, and thought it was Super cute! I've been trying to find a way to hang up or store my necklaces and earrings. Maybe I'll try something like this.



This lady made the earring display by framing some scraps of lace.
The one for studs is just some old fabric in a cross-stitch loop.
She made this print on the computer, borrowing an idea from a good friend. Which also seems to be a fun website to go to, to get some good and creative ideas.
And the necklace hanger was on clearance at Urban Outfitters.
Well, it might be awhile for me to put this together. First, I need to make the space in our room. We might need to move first :0)

3 comments:

Dejah said...

I can never think of anything creative either, but I am such a copy cat. I always think I can make anything I see. Actually, I made something similar to the fabric hoop, but with cork behind it, found the idea on etsy.

Rach said...

Oooo cute! Lets have a crafting party! I have so many projects I want to do! (& this time we'll both craft haha)

Anny said...

Great craft idea. Could pls share some ideas about women titanium earrings?