Wednesday, September 2, 2015

School in the Bahamas starts today!

Conner's first day of school was today. He is in K5.  Not only is it our first time sending Conner to school, but we are doing it in the Bahamas!!  Talk about emotions running.  Hahaha I will let you know that neither Conner nor I cried today.  We both did Really well!!  :)

School was suppose to start on Monday, but because of Storm Erika, they postponed it to today.

So it's quite the process sending your child to school here living on Guana...  So we decided to go with him his first day.  We get them ready for school and send them off on the 8am ferry.  No more sleeping in for me or him.  Lol!!  From there they take a taxi to their school and get dropped off and then do it backwards on the way home... Taxi to 3:30 ferry, ferry to dock where I pick them up just after 4pm, and golf cart ride home.

We met Conner's teacher, Ms Margaret, and her aid, Mrs. Ruby at the orientation last Friday.  They are Really sweet and we are excited to hear of all the fun things they do in their class!!

Here are some pictures from today.

First picture of the day.  Tyson did not want to take a picture, so it's just Conner and Dylan


 Tyson still didn't want to take pictures, but we think he's really sad to see Conner leave for school

 Finally a sweet hug.  I don't know why but this picture... I wonder if this is what they will look like when Conner leaves for his mission.  

Picture before we get on the ferry
Ps. Have I told you that I Love the Bahamas flag!! I think it is Soo Cool looking. I'll have to post a better picture of one another time.

 I'm sure he's wondering, "What in the world did I just agree to do?"

Watching everyone on the boat.  Totally a Conner thing to do.  He is always observing others.

We decided to distract him from his thoughts and get him to smile :)
I'd say it was a Success! 

And a 30 min boat ride will make you sleepy

Made it to Marsh (and yes his tie is Super Long! Hahaha)

His taxi driver, MaryAnn, helping him in the van to go to school

Conner's classroom, teachers, and kids in his class

Over all, no tears from any of us.  (I'm still surprised by that),  and Conner had a lot of fun for his first day of school.  He was a little chatter box when he got home telling me all kinds of things today, like an itchy (inch) worm in his class.  I'd say it was a pretty successful day!  Let's just see how tomorrow goes.  Hahaha

Update: Conner's seat got moved to the front of the class because the teacher couldn't see him and the little girl he sits next to.  Hahaha So now they are both in front.  He says he likes it.  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it!! He's such a little man now!!